Muku Mania: a documentation of the progress of my BFA senior thesis project at PNCA

For my senior thesis at The Pacific Northwest College of Art, I will be exploring the theme of narrative through the creation of a line of products. By placing a quirky and lovable character into context and providing an array of applications, each item will appeal to my target audience through light-hearted and innovative design.


Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Muku Mania Mid Term review!!








Last Night all of the Illustrators at PNCA had to meet with 3 different panel members to talk about our Thesis Projects. Of course we are all in the midst of our projects so process was a big part of the discussion as well as what is and isn't working. My 3 panel members were: Nick Cline from Mutt Industries , Aaron James from Math Dept. and Mutt Ind. as well , and Kent St. John designer from Nike. They gave me a lot of helpful feedback and insight on how I can really make my final presentation shine and how that will translate well at Point of Purchase in the retail environment. They really focused on the narrative aspect of the line and we discussed ways that I can make the story more clear before people take the time to read the story in the envelop-tags. We also talked about how my work is so detailed and intimate. It makes the viewer really want to get close and discover all those interesting little intricacies. Maybe having a grandiose large scale installation will take away from that intimate experience that the viewer has when they look at my work? We'll see what I end up coming up with! Only 6 more weeks to go!!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of hard work went into it. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raditude. This looks so good, you're cruising, rock this thesis out of the water!

    ReplyDelete