Muku Mania: a documentation of the progress of my BFA senior thesis project at PNCA

For my senior thesis at The Pacific Northwest College of Art, I will be exploring the theme of narrative through the creation of a line of products. By placing a quirky and lovable character into context and providing an array of applications, each item will appeal to my target audience through light-hearted and innovative design.


Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hand Sewn Plush Toys






Here are a few of my Plush toys before I have stuffed them and sewn them shut, so you can see them all laid out flat. I made a Blue Whale, Muku the Cyclops Owl, and two Mountains that will accompany the larger mountain, Mt. Kruos. I shot the front and back images, so you can see what they look like when they turn around. The Fabrics used are mostly wool, but I also used cashmere, cotton, faux fur and felt... as well as embroidery thread! They are so soft and cozy!

4 comments:

  1. You could add cedar to the stuffing to make some plush toys to go inside dresser drawers to keep moths away. I can just see Muka looking up at me when I pull out my favorite socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is such a great idea, Julie!! I'm totally going to do that!! Thanks!! ps, how was your birthday? I hope it was amazing!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous! Love the faces on the mountains! Delighted to have stumbled across your blog, it has made my Sunday morning that little bit brighter.

    ReplyDelete