Muku Mania: a documentation of the progress of my BFA senior thesis project at PNCA

For my senior thesis at The Pacific Northwest College of Art, I will be exploring the theme of narrative through the creation of a line of products. By placing a quirky and lovable character into context and providing an array of applications, each item will appeal to my target audience through light-hearted and innovative design.


Monday, April 11, 2011

Muku Molds for chocolates (stage 1 of 3)!!




I am working with local sculptor, Jim Ayala to make a Muku Mold! I have carved Muku out of a clay + wax material, then built a dam around Muku with the same material.
Then we poured the urethane mixture into it. Now it has to dry for 24 hours before we can make the plaster molds out of it. The goal is to have at least 6 of these so I can pour chocolate into them later! Yay for Muku chocolates!! Looks like apricot jam now, but not for long...

No comments:

Post a Comment