Muku Mania: a documentation of the progress of my BFA senior thesis project at PNCA

For my senior thesis at The Pacific Northwest College of Art, I will be exploring the theme of narrative through the creation of a line of products. By placing a quirky and lovable character into context and providing an array of applications, each item will appeal to my target audience through light-hearted and innovative design.


Thursday, April 14, 2011

Making Muku Molds for Chocolates (stage 2 of 3)!!




Here are the pics of stage 2 of the Muku Mold Making Process! These are the molds that are flat on the back side that I am using for the home made chocolates! (NOt to be confused with the 3-D resin figures that I am having made from Monstrehero).
I started by sculpting a Muku out of the wax + clay mixture (posted earlier), then made a mold of that and let it dry for 24 hours. After that I was able to pour 5 other Muku Owls out of Plaster.
I will be posting the final steps next! Yay!

2 comments: