Muku Mania: a documentation of the progress of my BFA senior thesis project at PNCA

For my senior thesis at The Pacific Northwest College of Art, I will be exploring the theme of narrative through the creation of a line of products. By placing a quirky and lovable character into context and providing an array of applications, each item will appeal to my target audience through light-hearted and innovative design.


Wednesday, December 15, 2010







Here are a few images from my thesis proposal power point slideshow at PNCA, for those of you who didn't get a chance to come :)
My pitch went well and I passed with flying colors! Now I am to get started on my Muku the cyclops owl product line and start diving into the magical land of Krystallos Island, where Mount Kruos stands tall, exotic plants blossom from the Curious Garden, the blue whale sings, the forever cloud keeps on raining in its favorite spot, the crystal caves shine on, and the bog of banishment bubbles on in the eerie plateau...

6 comments:

  1. Well done. Very clever. I like the lettering a lot -- especially that on the top frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The map is really precious. Well crafted. Nice balance and composition. It makes the viewer want to know more. Success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Sivonna! What a great thesis. I want that t-shirt so very badly! :) And the BANDANA! How creative! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I can't wait to start screen printing next semester!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! Your very own product line!

    ReplyDelete