Muku Mania: a documentation of the progress of my BFA senior thesis project at PNCA

For my senior thesis at The Pacific Northwest College of Art, I will be exploring the theme of narrative through the creation of a line of products. By placing a quirky and lovable character into context and providing an array of applications, each item will appeal to my target audience through light-hearted and innovative design.


Friday, September 17, 2010

SET ME FREE
mixed media
11" x 14"

SNAKE EYES
Mixed Media
11" x 14"

These 2 images started out as figure studies, that I painted from a model at The Stables (a life drawing group on se 9th and Taylor, PDX). I took them home and turned them into illustrations and had lots of fun with adding plants and animals to the compositions!


1 comment:

  1. Terrific! Those figure poses were pretty static (not the model's fault -- just the nature of all the portrait-biased poses at The Stables). It's nice to see that you were able to resurrect those static poses into something so visually interesting and entertaining. Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete